Featured Partner Event: International Women’s Day Celebration – Burlington, ON
March 4 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Around the world people celebrate International Women’s Day and in 2020, eight Ontario organizations – Busiwomen, Company of Women, Independent Women in Leadership, Insight Edge, Mississauga & Area Women in Business, Mompreneurs, NUVO Network and Women United – United Way Halton & Hamilton, are collaborating to bring an International Women’s Day celebration to Burlington.
The focus of the evening is to create a conversation on leadership, what it means, how to succeed, how to overcome barriers to success and what the current status of women and leadership in Canada looks like.
Expert panel discussion on women and leadership will feature:
- Lisa Lisson, President of FedEx Express Canada
- Indira Naidoo-Harris, Associate VP of Diversity and Human Rights at University of Guelph
- Amy Vodarek, President of Insight Edge and co-author of Good Enough
Moderator: Saphia Khambalia – National Weather Anchor, The Weather Network
MC: Kristine Leadbetter – Marketing and Business Development Manager, Gowling WLG and TV Host/Producer
This event will feature a Marketplace with exhibits from women-owned businesses as well as social service agencies that serve women and are funded by United Way Halton & Hamilton.
Other event highlights:
- Live musical entertainment with singer, Shanie Evans
- Food stations with international cuisine
- A raffle with proceeds to the United Way Halton Hamilton
Information on Marketplace Vendor Tables >>
*Vendors need to complete application form before being accepted
More Information & Ticket Registration >>
*Early Bird rates end January 31, 2020