Jacqueline is passionate about home décor, especially handmade. She recognizes the impact that decorating a home can have on family growth and connection. She also knows that we are all creative beings, and that we long for connection with others. Crafting together fosters community – a wonderful opportunity to feel a part of something special, to unleash creativity, and to share a common passion. When not decorating cozy nooks in her own home, Jacqueline loves to spend time at the beach with her family, and always enjoys a glass of wine and a good chat with friends!
Jacqueline’s Top 5 Tips for Other Women Thinking of Starting a Business:
- Find your community – support from entrepreneurial peers is essential. We are here to help one another achieve our respective goals; sharing and caring is a vital component of growth. Mompreneur members have been an amazing support to my business growth and development.
- Ask for help – don’t be afraid to reach out to anyone who is an expert. Read a lot of books. Seek the answers. Take the guesswork out of start up. Invest in yourself and do the work. My Motto: DIY (Do It Yourself), but not alone. And just as important – return the favour when you can!
- Find the best bank to service your business needs – and ask for as much money as you can get, as you never know when you may need it. Consider it all – from credit cards to loans and lines of credit. You may not need to use it all, but you will have the security (and peace of mind) of a safety net from which to draw in times of need/growth.
- Fine-tune your niche market – is there a need for your product or service in the market? Test your product/ service before you enter the market.
- Surround yourself with supportive family and friends – don’t stand alone! Your family and friends are your biggest champions, from whom you will draw continuous strength. They are your deepest, most meaningful connections. One of my biggest personal values is health and wellness, playful experiences and connection! Tune out the noise and seek positive support.