Mirella Canavan is an Elite+ Mompreneur member based out Mississauga, Ontario. She is a finalist for The 2017 Mompreneur Award of Merit, representing her career as a Director with Arbonne International!
What does being a Consultant with Arbonne mean to Mirella?
“Connecting with people is my passion. I enjoy spending time and discussing how Arbonne can enrich other people’s lives. Around October 2013 I was introduced to Arbonne and it was love at first feel! The RE9 Set was like no other skincare line that I’ve tried. And when I understood the Arbonne selling model, I was hooked! With two small boys, I didn’t want to get a part-time job with set hours; becoming an Arbonne Consultant was a great way to make additional income promoting something I believe in and love! And the Arbonne support system? Phenomenal! It’s true what they say – you are in business for yourself but not by yourself. Arbonne has been a blessing to my family. Not only am I pursuing this fulltime, I know that I am making better choices in the beauty and wellness products that our family uses daily. Everything that Arbonne does challenges the status quo. The way we do this is to think differently, offering Safe-Pure-Beneficial beauty and wellness products.”
Mirella’s Top 5 Tips for Anyone Wanting to Start Their Own Business:
- Choose something you are passionate about, good at doing, and you recognize a need in the market. Trust in yourself, your ability, and your desire to succeed.
- Never give up! If you believe in the first tip, never give up. It may not be today, but someday you will realize your dream.
- Step out of your comfort zone. The Universal Challenge Line is the point where you have a choice: you can step back into what’s familiar and comfortable, or push forward out of your comfort zone to accomplish your goal. Discomfort = Results! Join different networking groups, seek out opportunities to speak to groups, step up and out.
- Be coachable – seek out a mentor or coach. Being an entrepreneur can be solitary, there will be times that you are unsure about a business move, or you feel ‘stuck’. A mentor or coach can be a great resource in times of uncertainty.
- Be attentive to your work-life balance: your family is your support and your emotional safety net!