How Has Lori-Ann’s Business Impacted Her Life?
“Oxygen Fitness is an award winning exclusive boutique style fitness facility that caters to people of all fitness abilities. Oxygen has grown expedetionally in the last 5 years and has helped hundreds of people live healthier lives through fitness and nutrition, offering a supportive team atmosphere that allows people to step out of their comfort zones.
My business has had a massive impact on my life. I get a level of fulfilment from running my studio that I would never have been able to achieve while working a regular 9 to 5 job. Being able to help so many people change for the better has been a life changer for me. I see the world in a different way than I did 7 years ago. I have also changed my own health and fitness for the better. I feel so honoured to have been able to help so many people achieve things that they never ever thought possible. My work with my Fall Fit Women’s Retreat, Spring Fit and Mighty Girls retreats have impacted me in more ways than one, allowing me to teach women and young girls to fully realize their own self worth and that they don’t have to always strive to be perfect, and helping them discover their inner fire and passion. Being able to live my life supporting women and young girls through fitness and self empowerment is something I will hold dear to my heart for the rest of my life.”
Lori-Ann’s Top 5 Tips for Other Women Thinking of Starting a Business:
- Be passionate about what you do! You will be spending countless hours with your work so make sure it is something that you love. People only see the perceived glamour about own- ing your own business but it is incredibly hard work. When you start, you are the cleaner, bookkeeper, secretary, instructor and social media manager – make sure you love all of it.
- Make sure you have a solid financial foundation before your start. It may be years before you pay back the initial investment and start to see positive returns. Give your business the chance and time it deserves.
- Maintain balance in your life. Don’t let your business adversely affect the other areas of your life that make it so great; being a mother, wife, partner and friend. You will need sup- port from family and friends to make your business successful and your home run smoothly. Family comes first.
- Listen to people. Negative feedback is sometimes more important than positive feedback because it lets you know the areas where you can improve. Own your failures and learn from your mistakes. Listen to each customer and give your customers what they want, not what YOU think they want.
- Control your growth. Start small and grow as the success of the business warrants, not out of the necessity of ego.